Rustins Tung Oil 500ml
£12.71 inc. VAT
- Rustin’s Pure Tung Oil Is A Pure Natural Non-Toxic Oil and Is Completely Free from Solvent and additives.
- It Has Good Penetration into All Types of Interior Timber Without Leaving A Film. Its Special Properties Make It Highly Resistant to Water, Alcohol and Food Stuffs and Therefore Safe for Use in Contact with Food.
- It Forms A Hard Wearing Finish Making It Suitable for Kitchen Work Surfaces, Chopping Boards and Interior Wood Work
- Conforms to Plastic Materials and Articles in Contact with Food (England) Regulations 2008.
- Preparation:- The Surface Must Be Clean, Bare, Sanded Smooth and Wax Free. If Natural Open-Grain Is Not Required Then Use Rustins Grain Filler Before Oiling. Patch Test on A Small Area to Assess the Colour of The Oil.
- Application:- Using A Clean Soft Cloth Or Brush Apply Liberally And Allow The Oil To Penetrate For 20 Minutes. Wipe Off the Excess with A Clean Soft Cloth. The First Coat Can Be Diluted With 40% White Spirit to Assist Penetration into the Timber. Do NOT Dilute Subsequent Coats. Under Warm and Dry Conditions, The Product Should Be Allowed to Dry For 24 Hours Before Re-Coating. New or Bare Wood Should Be Oiled at Least 3 Times Initially. The Oiled Surface Should Be Allowed to Cure For A Few Days Before Use.
- Coverage:- 13 Sq. Metres Per Litre Per Coat
- Full Instructions on the Tin
Or buy in store…
Available in store
This product is available “off the shelf” at our St Columb store. You can just pop in and pick one up. However, to be certain that this product is in stock when you arrive, we recommend that you use our Click + Collect service.
SKU: TUNO500 Category: Decorating